Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Hands On

I really enjoy doing hands on activities, they are really a valuable tool to me because I feel they help children remember what was going on. I remember things better when I can actually experience what is going on. I also believe that games are important in the classroom setting. These two things help engage students in movement and getting to one another, as well as cooperation with others. Games and hands on activities help students see what is going on in the lesson, and game questions will probably stick with them if there are teams or fun relays, then they will probably remember during a test what happened in those types of lessons and activities. During testing time, most people study for what is going to be on the test, but with these two types of teaching, I believe the information will stick with them after testing rather than study for a test and then forget.

No comments: